Search Engine Optimisation
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is one of the most important parts of online marketing, but it’s also one of the most misunderstood – and that’s probably because it’s changed so much over the years.
As anyone who has followed Google’s infamous ‘Panda’, ‘Penguin’ and ‘Hummingbird’ algorithm updates will be aware, search engines are actively trying to stamp out the widespread link buying, keyword stuffing and article spinning that have blighted the SEO landscape.
There’s still a lot of smoke and mirrors about SEO, so here’s our completely transparent explanation of SEO the Grow* way:
- Benchmarking – we need to know your current position before we can implement any improvements. We’ll look at your keywords, your traffic and your sources of traffic. Then we’ll work out how to deliver much better results.
- Keyword research – to optimise effectively for search we’ve got to know what we’re optimising for and why. We use an advanced suite of tools to identify the very best keywords for you, and then we create an optimisation strategy around those keywords.
- Technical on-site optimisation – before we start optimising off-site, we need to make sure your website is technically ‘in tune’ with the search engines.
- Content creation – content is the lifeblood of SEO, and a well-executed content marketing strategy is critically important.
- Generating social buzz – the search engines are taking notice of ‘social signals’. Why? Because they want to see how much impact your website has in the real world – and these days, that means people talking about it and linking to it on social platforms.
- Quality link building – spammy links just won’t cut the mustard when it comes to SEO. We’ll only seek to generate inbound links from reputable, established and relevant sites that will boost your credibility, not harm it.
- Analysis and improvement – what’s working? What’s not? We don’t wait for you to ask those questions – we proactively ask them ourselves using our agency-grade analytics platform to provide the answers.
We hope we’ve demonstrated exactly why SEO should not be a standalone service; it should tie in to a holistic digital marketing strategy aimed at establishing your brand on the web.
How can we help your business? Call us today to find out now on 0845 652 0356, or contact us using our enquiry form.
At Grow we are great fans of Penguins, Pandas and Hummingbirds as well as Dogs and Cats. If you are struggling to understand yours then you’re in the right place.